Monday, May 25, 2009

Life isn't a flower bed

One of my friends approached me yesterday. Told me he wanna change. He said he will never get what he wants if he continue to be this way.

Which sets me thinking. True, perhaps in my relationship life I already got what I wanted primarily. But I have not got what I want in other areas of my life. I find myself sitting here, feeling the same way I did a year ago.

This is bad, I have not progressed.

I'm still late, finding hard to commit time to do tutorials, still with the same stupid 3.255 GPA, still fucking broke, still not doing my gym.

I'm 21 years old. I realized I cannot really compare myself to my other counterparts. I'm already behind the race.

My dreams will just vanish with age if I don't do something about it. But no matter how hard I try at this level, they just backfire.

Which only leads me to one conclusion. Perhaps my friend is right. Perhaps by forcing myself to change, I can really achieve what I want.

It would be painful and will push me out of my comfort zone. People may not know me anymore, but I'm willing to take the chance.

I need to move on to a whole different level. I only hope those around me will understand. And my friend, though we are experiencing this in a whole different level, believe me, I understand the pain and rage of being stuck here.

But I believe, we'll get out of this.

2 comments:

Erena said...

dom.. i'm also 21 le.. oh no!!!! haha. jia you to do something that you really want to do.. because only by doing that, you will see yourself growing, moving on.. sometimes it really requires you to step out of your comfort zone.. :D everything changes when your mindset changes.. look at things positively and you will realise that it's actually not that bad afterall :D hehee.....................

Unknown said...

Hi Dominic,

I enjoy reading your blog post. I like to read your thought process. It's like picking from your brains. I love the way you make these intellectual entries instead of writing on mundane happenings, so keep them coming. =)

Mandl.